Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Meet Me Monday: Behind the Scenes at Derby City Deals!


Hi!

Since I started the Derby City Deals blog, I've never let you know who I am! Well, I'm Melinda! I live in Louisville, Kentucky with my wonderful husband. I started couponing out of necessity around two years ago when my husband was a full-time graduate student and we were living on my not-so-big salary. For the first few months I would find a coupon or two that I could use on each shopping trip, but I quickly learned how much we could save! Now we spend less than $30 a week on groceries and household/personal supplies, and it's been such a blessing to see our savings account build up more and more!

I started this blog in January because I love sharing great deals with those I care about! My hope was that I could help people find a great deal on something they wouldn't normally get to have, but also to introduce people to the "world of couponing"! I definitely don't consider myself an "extreme" couponer, but love my weekly trips to Rite Aid and Walgreens to get the free or really cheap items! I have a full-time job, so I only "work" on the blog in the morning and in the evening. I try to schedule posts to come up periodically throughout the day to make sure there's always something new for you to read!


So, what's your story? I'd really love to get to know all of my readers, and find out where you are in your own personal savings and deal-searching! If you ever snag a great deal or find out about a sale, please share! I'd love to add your expertise to the blog! After all, I'm still a newbie!

Each Monday, I plan to do a segment for "Meet Me Monday", so you can learn more about me! If you have any questions or suggestions for this series, let me know! :)

Have a GREAT week!

Find us on Facebook and Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment